Wednesday, May 5, 2010

CSS Tutorial Example

I developed the website http://www.greekink.com/ for the architectural firm I work for several years ago using flash. I am starting to come to the realization that flash has several disadvantages. Ultimately I'd like to be able to offer a non-flash site that would not change the layout, user interface, or backend XML system. So I took it upon myself to learn a little CSS and HTML.

I always learn best by example, so when I found this tutorial I dove right in. Although it was not up-to-date as the author states up front, it was very helpful in understanding basic CSS. I had a lot of trouble getting the navigation of the menu to work properly from his code, and he did not provide all of the necessary images. I was able to figure out how to make it work so I am posting this link to the example I created and this link to the CSS file so others can learn as I did. Feel free to raid the images I used as well.

Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment